Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a party!

Last night, we attended a 15th birthday party for the twin daughters of our friends.  The party consisted of the girls' friends, the family, and the friends of the parents.  I can honestly say, it was one of the best birthday parties I have ever attended, including my own.  No surprise though, our friends are amazing, and we always have a good time with them.  I can not remember a time when I felt more comfortable letting lose, kicking back and just being free and enjoying life.  I told the hostess, it was like attending Prom, only more fun.  This was what Prom would have been like had I not been so self conscious.  And since Hubby never attended Prom, it was extra fun for him.  I just love seeing him let lose and have a good time.

For the first part of the night, mostly it was the young ones dancing.  I pride myself on the fact that I knew the majority of the songs that were being played.  The girls were doing most of the dancing, but later on a few of the boys joined in.  I loved that the older girls did not seem to mind that the two younger girls wanted to tag along and dance with them.  The little girl in the red is the younger sister of the birthday girls.

This is the little brother of the birthday girls, getting down a little himself.  He is such a doll!

After a while, the adult ladies took over the dance floor to show the young ones we've still got it.  We has such a blast!




There were even some slow songs.  I love seeing all the couples loving up to each other.  It makes me happy that we have so many wonderful couples that we are friends with (this is just a sampling).



And of course, it can't be a birthday party without cake!  Here are the two lovely birthday girls, M and S, with the delicious cake.

We had such a wonderful evening, despite the fact that I was, and still am, a little under the weather.  Happy Birthday girls, and thank you to the entire C family for a wonderful, fun evening!