Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: Comfort

picnikfile_eDH2_w
Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Comfort.  More than anything, I need comfort.  My family has suffered a deep loss this week.  My wonderful uncle, my mother's brother, passed away on Monday.  My heart aches for my aunt, their children, my mother.  I just do not know what to do.

I wish I could take away their pain, I wish I could wipe their tears.  I wish I could change the reality.  I wish, beyond all measure, I could bring them all comfort.

I know beyond all shadow of a doubt, my uncle is in Heaven, with Jesus.  He was a caring, loving, generous, godly man, beloved by so many in his community, and really, by everyone who ever met him.  I am heartsick by the fact that he is gone, but I am thankful that he is in paradise, and will never be in pain again.

All I can do, is seek comfort in the Lord.