Tuesday, April 2, 2013

35 Day Project: Love for a friend

Girls skipping at an athletics carnival
Photo Credit: Powerhouse Museum Collection
 Yesterday I was not feeling so hot.  I was having kind of a blah day, probably a holiday hangover from eating food my body was not used to.  We all have days like this, days where we are not on top of our game, or feeling a bit glum.  And when we feel that way, sometimes it helps to have a loving word from someone who knows us well, and cares about us unconditionally.

So, it seemed fitting that my act of kindness for yesterday would be to provide that message of love for someone else.  I decided that I would reach out to someone who has been a wonderful friend to me for almost ten years.  She lives quite far away from me, and we both have our own busy lives, but whenever we do get a chance to talk, we pick up right where we left off, as if no time or space has ever separated us.  She was there for me through some pretty crappy points in my life, supporting me, and giving me a tough love kick in the pants when I needed it.  So, I decided I was going to remind her what a fabulous person I think she is, and how much I love her, even if we do not get to talk or visit as much as we would like.  I hope she keeps that message tucked away for a day when she needs it the most.