Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Made My Day- Best Hubby Ever!

Ok, so we have established I am a book nerd, haven't we? Ok, good.

So, there is this odd book genre out there, that takes works of classic literature, and puts a quirky, horror novel spin on them. I happen to love this genre, as Hubby well knows. He has, in the past, gotten me two books from this genre.



Now, I still have a healthy respect for the original, classic versions of these books, but, come on, these are bloody brilliant, as the Brits would say.

So when, on Tuesday night, I was at my weekly Bible study/Glee night with my girlfriends, Hubby showed up with one of the other lady's husbands after a trip to the book store and announced he had a present for me, I was excited when he showed me this:

So, needless to say, I was stoked. Today, I finally posted a picture of it to my facebook page, and got into a discussion about other books from the genre, and learned about a book called Jane Bites Back, which I must add to my list.

Then, THEN.....Hubby comes home from work, and says, I got you something today. And he hands me this:
SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL, I never even knew this one existed!!!!!! I seriously have the best Hubby ever. He knows I am a nerd, and he loves me for it. In fact, I think he finds it sexy.

And it made my day.

P.S. If any of you know of any other books in this genre, please let me know, I am totally hooked!