Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Discovery: Grilled Peaches

A few weeks ago, one of my friends mentioned on facebook that she and her husband were grilling peaches.  I had never heard of such a thing, and she assured me they were delicious.  I did not give it much more thought, then today, I was at the Farmer's Market.  I try to go every Friday, and every Friday, I seem to get something different, plus my standard dozen ears of corn.  Today, I among the things I got were some peaches.  When I get produce at the market, I am never sure what I will do with it during the week, but on the drive home, I decided to try grilling peaches, or at least looking it up to see how involved it was.

I found several different recipes online, some complicated involving blue cheese and balsamic vinegar (which sounds amazing but I had neither of those things), and some fairly simple, so I decided to just wing it.  I took two peaches, cut them along the cleft, twisted them apart, and pitted them.  Then I sprinkled just a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon on them, then put them on a warm grill, cut side down.  I grilled them, cut side down, for about 7 minutes, then I turned them over, and sprinkled them liberally with more brown sugar and cinnamon.  I then let them grill for another 15 minutes or so.  Look how awesomely delicious they look!
I decided to serve them up with some chocolate ice cream, since we do not like vanilla.
Hubby got the be the first to try it and he pronounced it pure deliciousness in a bowl!