Saturday, May 28, 2011

It Made My Day: Gold Digger

This has not been the best of weeks.  Several of our friends have some not so happy situations with which they are dealing, and Hubby and I have been sad for them.  Then yesterday was a series of mild annoyances for both of us, and by the end of the day, we were just so over it all.

We decided to get the heck out of the house last night, and grab a bite to eat.  Hubby mentioned that he had several rewards certificates for Best Buy and asked if there was anything I wanted.  I have been wanting the Glee Karaoke Revolution game for our Wii since January, when I played it at a friend's house, so we decided to go get it.  I should have realized then that we had turned the corner on our crappy day.

We went to eat, and then went to get the game.  We got the last copy in the whole entire store, and saved ten bucks on it.  Things were looking up.

We somehow ended up singing a medley of 80's tv show theme songs on the way home.  Things were getting better and better.

Hubby knew the moment I got home I would want to play my game, so he got it all set up for me.  For the next 30 minutes, I belted out songs like Rachel Berry.

And then, it happened, the shining moment of the whole day.  Hubby decided he wanted to play.  He was going to sing a song.  And his song of choice.... was Gold Digger.
011


Now, anyone who knows him will understand how ridiculously awesome this is.  He is not someone who would listen to that song, in fact I am not sure he has ever heard the whole thing.  He can talk your ear off about economics and political theory, but views on hip hip or R&B, he has none.  He is not someone with what you would call "flow".  To put it bluntly, we are both the whitest thirty something nerds I know.  So to see him unleash some inner Kanye was, in short, the awesomest thing in the world.

At one point, we were sharing the mic, and belting out the "get down girl go head get down"s.  And then I realized, it may have been a crappy day, but it was a simply wonderful night.

Thanks Hubby, for totally making my day.
071