Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mini Pizzas

In case you have not caught on, I am in cooking mode big time.  I am trying to reduce portion size and fat in my diet.  That sometimes means I have to pass on my favorite foods.  So, today, I came up with a way to satisfy one of my most common cravings: PIZZA!



I decided to make mini pizzas for lunch today.  Since Hubby and I like different toppings, this is a good way for us to both get what we want on pizza, and have it be healthier that if we ordered it from a pizzaria.

First I started with Arnold's Multigrain Sandwich thins.  I used Contadina Pizza Squeeze sauce.  One serving of pizza sauce is 1/4 cup, which covers three thin halves nicely.  I used a pastry brush to spread it around the thins.


Next I added fat free mozzarella cheese.  Once again, 1 serving made three mini pizzas.  So far so good.


I made three minis for Hubby that had mini pepperonis on them.  Since I do not like pepperoni, I used some low fat thinly sliced ham and a few pieces of pineapple for mine.


I baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, so that the cheese was melted and the crusts were crisp.


That was it.  How easy was that?  The possibilities here are endless.  And best part was they tasted delicious!

Nutrition info for my ham and pineapple is as follows:
Serving size: 3 mini pizzas
Calories: 250
Carbs: 42g
Fat: 3g
Protein: 19g
Fiber: 9g
WW points plus: 6

For Hubby's pepperoni:
Serving Size: 3 mini pizza
Calories: 295
Carbs: 41g
Fat: 8g
Protein: 19g
Fiber: 9 g
WW points plus: 8