Thursday, April 4, 2013

35 Day Project: A Cup of Joe

I like coffee.  Ok, I love coffee.  I cannot drink it all that often, and I am constantly trying to reduce the amount of caffeine in my diet, but the fact remains that I really do love coffee.  When the weather is cold, or it has been a bad day, there is something truly comforting about a warm cup of coffee in my hands.

Vanilla biscotti coffee?? Yes please!

Now, imagine that you are far from home.  You have a really, *really* stressful job, are under constant physical demands, you are sleeping in a bed that is not at all comfortable, you have not seen your family for months, and you could use a little bit of creature comforts.  A nice hot cup of coffee.  Java.  Joe.  Sounds great right?  Right.  That is why, for today's act, I purchased a cup of coffee for a serviceman or servicewoman through the Cup of Joe for a Joe program.  It was super simple to do online, and cost less than had I gone to a coffee shop and bought a coffee for myself.  Plus, it is a small way for me to say thank you to the brave men and women who serve our country in the military.

I hope that the person who gets my cup of joe knows how much they are loved and appreciated.