Thursday, July 22, 2010

Present for Hubby

Today, my friend J and I were out shopping at an evil craft store which induces me to buy things no matter how hard I resist, otherwise know and Michaels.  I was certain I would not buy anything, but then I remembered they had pictures that would look great in our bathroom when we redo it, and it was all downhill from there.

Suddenly, J spies this little wooden squiggle dog intended for kids to paint.  It was, of course, a dachshund.  I immediately decided to buy it and paint it to look like Dexter, for Hubby to take to work and sit on his desk to make him think of our puppy.

So, I brought it home, and I painted it.  I tried to be as realistic as possible, to the point where the wooden dog has a dappled left ear and a solid right ear, just like Dex.  Here was the end result:


I am pretty proud of how it turned out.  I showed it to Dexter, and he was confused.  He tried to carry it around in his mouth, until I finally told him it was to look at, not to touch...
Don't worry buddy, we are not trying to replace you.