Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday: Storms and Rainbows


Genesis 9:16 ESV


"When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

God used a rainbow after the great flood as a sign of His covenant with man.  In rainbows, I see hope, God's promise for our future.  When my life gets the stormiest, I always look for the rainbows, and true to His word, God always sends them.  Sometimes, the rainbow is a kind word, a gesture, a blessing, an opportunity, a good friend, a cute purse, an unexpected card, one just never knows what form these rainbows will take.

Just when I think I might be at my lowest, I am reminded how blessed I truly am, and the best way I can thank God for the blessings and rainbows He sends me is to try to pass blessings on to others.  I do not do this nearly enough in my life, and it is something that I want to work on more in the coming days.  I promise to keep you posted on that.

So, if you are going through a stormy patch in your life, please, take a moment to look for a rainbow.  It may show up in the least likely of places.  Better yet, if you know of someone else who is in the middle of a storm, why not try being their rainbow instead?