Friday, October 1, 2010

It Made My Day: Sunshine

This IMMD needs a little bit of a back story.  Stick with me here, it will be worth it.

So, when Hubby and I were not even dating yet, but in the dreaded friends zone, he would casually refer to me as "Sunshine".  I learned that he did this to various female friends, so when we started dating, I mentioned to him that I really loved it when he called me Sunshine, and it was like his little pet name for me.  He immediately stopped using that term of endearment for any other female friends, and it became mine.  I was "his Sunshine".

Fast forward to last October.  As you may remember from our wedding story, we had an outdoor wedding planned, since the last several years it has been gorgeous in early October.  And last year, October 1st was indeed gorgeous.  But October 2nd, the day of the wedding, it poured rain.  Luckily we were able to make a last minute venue change, and the wedding was perfect.

So, this morning, I posted on my facebook page bright and early "This time last year I was praying for sunshine."

Hubby sent me a text message later that said "this time last year, you may have been praying for sunshine, but I was preparing to marry it."

Sweetest. Man. Ever.

It made my day.