Monday, October 4, 2010

Explorations: Evans City Cemetery

As I have mentioned in the past, I have an affinity for visiting movie filming locations, particularly if they were horror films.  For some time, I have been dying, no pun intended, to visit the Evans City Cemetery, where the opening scenes of the original Night of the Living Dead were filmed.  On Saturday, I finally got my chance.  It was as amazing as I expected.

We drove up the winding road, and the anticipation built.


We got up to the cemetery, and the creepy building was there in all its gothic glory.  It literally looked as if zombies would burst through the boarded up windows.



I could not resist the opportunity for a photo.


It was a perfect day for skulking through a cemetery.  The ambiance was very creepy!



Here is the grave that Barbara cowers by in the movie.  It took us a few minutes to find it, but we finally did.  And again, I posed.



What do you think, do I give Barbara a run for her money?

 


Here is my attempts at recreating her running.




Here are a couple more pictures we took on our way out.  It was an incredible experience.  I know there are other parts of Evans City that were used for the filming, but the sun was almost setting, and I could swear I heard someone say "They're coming to get you Tiffany".  So, we called it a day.


Uh oh, looks like I stayed a little too long...