Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday: Worry

IMG_4614
Matthew 6:25=27 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

I tend to be a worry wart.  It is just who I have always been.  I worry about my family, Hubby, my friends, my pets, global situations, finances, the future.  You name it, I have worried about it.  But, I am slowly learning to let go of worry.  Because I know God is in control.  He loves me, and wants good things for me.  He will provide me with the things I need, and get me through the hard times, so what good does worrying do?

Now, that is not to say I sit back and let God fix everything.  Oh no, I have to do my part.  For example for a long time my heart ached to find the person I was meant to be with.  I went through some bad relationships, and some that were not really bad but just were not right.  I worried that I would never find true love, but I knew in my heart God had created me specifically for someone.  I could not, however, expect to sit back and let God deliver my future spouse to my door, nicely gift wrapped.  Instead, I spent time searching, and literally years getting to know someone that did in fact turn out to be the one He intended for me.

As Christians, we are often ridiculed for trust in God, because people find it to be naive.  I am a firm believer in trusting God's plan for me, but I also have to do my part.  I have to make choices, and work hard, to get where He is leading.

I am sure I am always going to worry.  But now, because I trust, I worry a whole lot less.