Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday: This is the day

Psalms 37:4
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Today was a busy day for me, and I totally forgot it was Wednesday, until it just a little bit ago.  I had already posted a blog for today, but I did not want to miss a chance to do a Word Filled Wednesday, so you get two posts in one day, you lucky readers!

I was very blessed with a wonderful day with my friend J today.  We had a great girls day out.  We needed to go shopping for a dress for J to wear for a formal even she and her husband are attending next month, so I got to ooh and aah over gorgeous gowns for a couple of hours.  Incidentally, I found a dress to wear for E's wedding next summer, which makes me very very happy.  J and I had lunch, then departed to heaven, I mean the Hobby Lobby.  I got all kinds of things there, and am cooking up a surprise project!

I hate to gush, but what a tremendous blessing my friends are to me.  They help me to be a better wife, and when the time comes they will help me be a wonderful mother.  They introduce me to wonderful people, they serve as additional family for me since my family lives far away, they encourage me, pray for me, teach me.  I am just very blessed indeed.

So, I rejoice in this wonderful day, and my wonderful life.  I hope you rejoice in yours as well.