Tuesday, April 16, 2013

35 Day Project: Orphans of the Storm

I am an animal lover, as one can tell by the excessive number of pet photos I post on Instagram.  I am one of those people who would, if possible, adopt every animal at the local shelter.  So, when I first had the idea of doing 35 acts of kindness for my birthday, I knew at least one would benefit our local animal shelter.

We live just a few minutes from our local shelter, Orphans of the Storm.  This is a no-kill shelter, and as a result, they often have long term animal residents, or animals in need of some pretty serious medical care.  As a non-profit organization, they can always use help.  So, yesterday, I gathered a donation of some dog food, cat litter, cleaning supplies, treats and even a few toys, and carted them off to the shelter.

Untitled

The shelter was closed, but I had checked with them a few days prior and they told me I could leave a donation at the door.  I was happy to see that I was not the only one who had done so.