Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Small town exotica

Living in a small town, miles away from both the west coast and NYC, in no real target market area, we never really see unusual products hit the stores in Kittanning. About the most exotic thing we have seen recently is the pretzel m&ms. So, when I stumbled upon this at the local Sheetz....

I knew I had to try it. Naked Coconut water. Made from Brazilian coconuts, with no preservatives, and no sugar added. I LOVE coconuts, so I thought, hey, I am game.

I had hubby help me document my journey.

Here I am displaying the awesome package of water....
It says "Like a coconut with an easy pull tab".

So I open it....

and I take a drink....
uh oh, that is not a good face....
Hubby asked what it tasted like. I said, it tastes like someone took a carton of spoiled milk, dumped the milk out, filled the carton with water, set the carton in the fridge for a week, then dumped the water into this sexy packaging.


So, there you have it. No more Naked Coconut water for me. I guess I should be content with my nice, boring, small town diet coke. Who needs all this excitement, right?