Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

I had really high hopes for my Thanksgiving preparations.  I was going to get all crafty and hand make a banner, and some other cute decorations.  I was going to have a spotless home for my family to full appreciate the improvements since the last time they saw it.  I was going to have everything be perfect well in advance.

Yeah, about that...


On Friday, I had a tickle in my throat.    It did not deter me from attending light up night, then going out late to do my Turkey Day grocery shopping, as well as some toy shopping for Stuff My Car.  On Saturday, it got a little worse, but I still made it to the birthday party.  By Sunday, I was a sick in bed mess.  I slept all day while Hubby went to the Steeler game with his friend M.  I have been struggling ever since.  Needless to say, those adorable decorations I imagined, well, those are not happening.  And while my house will be clean and tidy, perfect it will not be.  But never the less, this holiday will be fantastic, because I will surrounded by the people I love.

And I am finally starting to feel better.