Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday: Dear Friends

1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Last night, we got a chance to celebrate with a very special group of friends.  We were very excited because the group included our friend Chris, which is a long time friend of Steve's.  Chris actually officiated our wedding, so he is very dear to us, but because he lives out of state we had not seen him since the wedding last year.  It was wonderful for us to get together with him, as well as E and J, and J and M, to eat some delicious food and just enjoy each other's company.  We got to talk about E and J's upcoming nuptials.  We also updated Chris about our house and dog.




 We went to one of our favorite places ever, India Garden in Oakland.  It can be a bit of a hike for us, so we do not go all that often, every couple of months or so.  It had been quite a while since we had been there last, so we were all looking forward to some delicious Indian food.  We got there and it was buffet night, so I got to try a lot of new dishes I had not tried before, including goat curry.  Everything was amazingly delicious.  Chris has actually been to India, and he said the food is very authentic to what he had during his travels, which is why he likes this restaurant so much.

I also love the ambiance of the restaurant.  I love the music playing, and the gorgeous colors of the decor.


I am so very blessed to have met so many wonderful friends by marrying Hubby.  I have only lived in Kittanning for a little over a year, but I have a rich social network of friends who are much like a family to me.  And through those friends, we have met new friends.  It is never easy starting out in a new place, but I came into a ready made "crew" who accepted me and cared about me.  Some of the friends do not live in town, so we do not get to see them as often, but they are dear to us none the less.  And I still maintain many very wonderful friendships with my own friends from other circles, from my pre-married life.  So, today, I thank God, for blessing me with so many dear friends.