Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Change of Heart

IMG_6215
I am not sure where I first heard about the A Change of Heart program, but I know it was just before Valentine's Day.  February was American Heart Month, with a focus on improving overall heart health.  I somehow found the A Change of Heart program, which was created at the University of Kansas Hospital.  The program was created by women, to focus specifically on women's heart health,
IMG_6218

Some of it, like the Heart Health Assessment, is aimed specifically at women in the Kansas City area, where the hospital is located, though I am sure your family doctor or a local doctor could do the same thing no matter where you live (depending on your insurance of course).

The program also lists a lot of great resources regarding heart health.  And the coolest thing, the thing that I requested and got in the mail today, was a heart health advocacy kit.
IMG_6214
What a cute, colorful package this is!

The kit includes tips and heart healthy recipes, a pedometer to track your steps, and the coolest thing of all... cards to give out to raise awareness.
IMG_6217
Goal: 10,000 steps a day.


The kit includes 4 advocacy awareness cards, and I think I will use them in the near future for a Secret Agent L kindness mission.

IMG_6219

But the cool thing about my blog is, this entry can serve as a "virtual advocacy card" in a way.  Since you can see all the info, and I included a link to the program and the advocacy kit request page, you all can take advantage of this opportunity to strengthen you heart health and help raise awareness.

So, I urge you all, join me in this commitment to a healthy heart.  We all have people who love us with all of their hearts, lets make ourselves healthy so we can love with our whole hearts for a lot longer!