Friday, May 7, 2010

Calling all Fashionistas!

I need help. Seriously. And I am not sure help exists for me.

So, I love dresses. I mean, I seriously love dresses. I wear dresses all the time; in fact, as I type this, I am wearing a cute little cotton dress with a tank top underneath (to prevent scandal) and a brown cardigan, and I think I look really cute. I would rather wear dresses than jeans or shorts any day. So loose and flowy, comfortable, yet sensual. And I have the right body for dresses, well, for long dresses anyway. But short dresses, well, sometimes they give me a little trouble.

Why you ask?

Because I am a big butt girl. I mean, I am not skinny anywhere, but especially not my butt. However, it is a nice, round, curvaceous bum, the kind that men, and by men I mean Hubby, seem to like. So what is the problem? My bum is so round, that when I wear a dress that is knee length or shorter, it ends up being about 2-4 inches shorter in the back than in the front. The result is something like this:

So, what is a girl to do? Why do they not make the dresses somehow longer in the back for the big butt girls like me, so that when you put it on, it is even all around? What cute short dress styles can I wear that will not result in this terrible fashion faux pas?

I could lose 50 pounds, and guess what, I am still going to have a big butt, not as big as it is now, but still, big in proportion to the rest of me. What is a girl to do?

And here, all this time, I thought my figure was an asset (pun 150% completely intended).