Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby it's cold outside...

Well, we have hit that time of year where it is officially cold outside.  Particularly in the mornings.  This morning, there was a heavy frost, so Hubby had to go out and start his car to let it defrost a little before leaving for work.  I was sitting on the couch, and it was just a cold miserable feeling, knowing Hubby had to go back to work after 4 days off.  I knew I was going to miss him a ton, and it was just a sad way to start my morning.

That is until....

Hubby kissed me goodbye, and then nonchalantly walked over and opened our dog's crate, and said "have fun".  He thought he was teasing me, that the puppy would want to jump and play and lick my face.  Instead, Dexter, ambled over to the couch, hopped up, and snuggled down under the blanket with me.  We cuddled and napped for 2 hours.  It was the perfect way to start my morning.


Happiness really is a warm puppy.  But I am still going to crank about the cold.