Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday: Wonder of Creation

Psalms 8:3-5 When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. (ESV)

Sometimes, I think we just need to take a moment to look around us in wonder, and thank God for the beauty of His creation.  When I was a young girl, I loved to lay in the grass and look up at the moon and the stars, wondering what was going on in the heavens above me.  I did not worry about things like Intelligent Design, Evolution or Creation.  I simply believed.  I can not remember I time when I did not simply believe.  I saw signs of God's promises all around me, in every tree and flower, in each meal on our dinner table, in every heartache, in every second chance, in each smiling face, and in each gentle reproof.

Sometimes, I long for that childlike faith and wonder again.  As we get older, we get so caught up in the responsibilities of being an adult.  Work, bills, grocery shopping, dinner, dishes....we forget to be amazed at the One who makes it all possible for us.  So, tonight, before you finish the day, step outside, sneak a peak at the stars, and for a moment, feel a little bit of wonder.