Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!

IMG_5830Today is March 14, otherwise known as Pi (3.14) Day.  Yep, a day for all the math geeks and sweets lovers.  Luckily, Hubby and I are both.

Hubby reminded me last week that Pi Day was coming up, and suggested we do something to celebrate.  Since I just baked something last week, and I am not a pie baker by any stretch of the imagination, we opted to go get already made pies.  So, yesterday, when we did our grocery shopping, we stopped at a little restaurant named Clementine's and bought two pies.  His choice was chocolate cream.  My choice was mixed berry.
IMG_5820


IMG_5824


Since we have plans to go to dinner with friends later, I decided we should celebrate Pi Day this morning.  So I told Hubby last night to wake me up this morning before he got a shower.  While he showered and got ready for work, I slipped downstairs, brewed a fresh pot of coffee, and got the pies ready.
IMG_5825

 He was very excited to start his day, a Monday at that, eating pie.  The fact that I was there with him was just icing on the cake, er, I mean pie.

IMG_5831