Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I was framed!

Today, I spent a large portion of the day working on picture frames.

I found these frames at a discount store:

Using the frame as a template, I traced the pattern of the frame front onto scrapbook paper, and used an exacto blade to remove the holes where the pictures will show through.
I painted the frame a coordinating color, in this instance black.  While it was drying, I used stickers to decorate the paper that will be the front of the frame.
Once the frame dried, I used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the front of the frame.  Then I gave the whole frame a coat of Mod Podge in order to give it a finished, glossy look.

The final product:

I then used the same process to make 2 more frames:


These were really fun, and easy to make.  I think I might go buy some more frames, to make more!