Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thankful for... a wake up call

I was always an early riser.  From the time I was about 13 to my 30s, I would wake up at 5:30 most mornings.  Part of this was out of necessity, because the school bus came at 7, and then when I entered the working world the habit just stuck.  I would get a lot of things done before I would need to be out the door for the day.  However, since I have been out of the full time work force, I have gotten out of the habit of being an extreme early riser.  An early morning for me now is about 7 am.  I enjoy the luxury of sleeping in.  Especially since, with my periodic insomnia, I often do not fall asleep until after 1 or 2 am.

The past week, my sleep schedule has been way off, so I finally forced myself, on Thursday night, to go to bed early and take some melatonin to insure sleep.  It is a good thing, too, because Hubby called me at 7 am on his way to work to ask me to check on something for him.  He felt really bad that he had made me get out of bed so early, but it turned out to be a very good thing.

It forced me to get moving early.  As a result, I was out the door by 8 am to do a little geocaching.  As I drove to my location, I watched the sun burning of the fog that had settled low in the hills.  I reached my destination, and saw a breathtaking sight.  A lovely little waterfall tucked away in a patch of woods.  There was not another soul around, and I felt so much peace.  It was the absolute perfect way to begin the day.

IMG_8012

So, I am very thankful that Hubby called and made me get up early.  It was just the wake up call I needed.